Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"Zoo" by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge

This is the first book I have read by James Patterson. Eventually I will try the Alex Cross series since I have heard great reviews about it. I decided to read "Zoo" because of the commercials I saw about the miniseries and then saw it at Walmart. It was pretty much a decision of the moment book. It was very good! There isn't a lot of the plot I can talk about. To me it is along the lines of a doomsday book. Towards the end I am angry for the human race. We can be stupid as a large population and Patterson and Ledwidge show how. The book is disturbing to read; especially if you own an animal. But it moves along quickly and keeps the reading thinking about why the animals all went homicidal on humans and if we are going to figure out how to stop them before we become extinct. The authors also touch on how political forces can sway a population to go the way they want it to. All in all I would say it is worth a read. I'm not sure if I an watch the miniseries. But it would be interesting to see how they align the events with the events of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment