Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Poetry

I am not an avid poetry reader. But I do surf the web for amazing poems. Many of them are not contemporary poets. I find them on different sites and keep them in a word document. My topics that I collect range from death to life, happiness, heartbreak, loneliness, love, friendship, and many more. I would love to actually memorize some of my more favorite poems. But I am content with just finding them for now. I have found a large (10x13 or so) journal that I can start writing them down in. My handwriting is not the best so it'll take awhile. But these are poems I want collected in one book for myself. Maybe even put some artwork around them. I already have a spiral bound art book that has some of my favorite poems already typed up in it. Within this book I paired my collected poems with pictures I have taken over the years of nature and inanimate objects; some wildlife. I think even a person who doesn't like poetry can appreciate how poets can create a feeling in a reader through a few lines.

It would be amazing if I could write poetry. I have dabbled in it and have a few of my own poems. But they aren't really for sharing until I polish them up some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment