Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Last Word, A Spellman Novel by Lisa Lutz

The Last Word is "Document #6" in The Spellman Files series by Lisa Lutz. I couldn't remember if I can read this one or not, so I checked it out from the library and it renewed my love of the Spellman Family. The Spellman's are a family of personal investigators and they are truly crude, rude, generally messed up, sarcastic, witty, and I love them!

The Spellman Files series is written from the perspective of Isabel Spellman (Izzy) who is the second of three children in the family. Reading about Izzy's journey into adulthood and finding her place within her family will resonate with any reader who has ever thought to them self, "Really? This is my life?" Perhaps you will discover for yourself that Izzy has a huge heart under all her sarcastic armor, terrible fashion taste, and lack of social etiquette.

The Last Word is the final (!) novel in the series so I wont post too much about it. I recommend this series to everyone who loves to read. Lutz writes with hilarity and sarcasm. There is an appendix with character dossiers and other ridiculous information. Lutz also supplies footnotes through out the text that further my love of her writing style. You truly need to start from the beginning and become obsessed with the Spellman family like I did. If you choose to go through life without reading The Spellman Files series, you will have regrets. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment