Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Althea & Oliver, by Christina Moracho

Althea & Oliver is a Young Adult novel about two teens who have been best friends since they were six years old. "...she's the fist-fighting instigator to his peacemaker, the artist whose vision balances his scientific bent." When Oliver comes down with a life-altering illness their relationship is thrown off-balance and they are both sent on a path to discover themselves.

Even though the book was published in 2014, it takes place in the mid 90's. I love this, since I am a child of the 90's. Moracho has created these two vibrant and unique personalities. She so accurately illustrates how there are some catalysts in life that can shake up the lives of people who truly love and care for one another. I couldn't stop reading this book, because I wanted to know what happened to Althea and Oliver. I can't say that I loved the resolution, but I don't know how I would have written the ending. I will say that because the characters and plot were so rich and quirky, I will be looking for more novels written by Christina Moracho.

No comments:

Post a Comment