Wednesday, February 13, 2013

January Books

I continued reading Map of Time and Shadow of Night. Still working on those. However, I did finish two books. The first is for the February book club: Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. It is sad and so heart wrenching but a very good read. It was recommended to my sister and I by one of my friends. I will write more on it after we meet for book club. The second book is One for the Money by Janet Evanovich. A couple friends of mine have been reading the series and love it. So I decided to see what it was all about. Stephanie Plum, the main character, cracks me up! I flew through the book in a matter of days and am getting the second book soon. It was just non stop laughter and goofs. It amazes me that Stephanie is still alive after everything. I would have died of mortification right away. I did start One Thousand White Women: the journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus. There is humor in the story; but May Dodd is beginning to annoy me a little with how 'cocky' she is. But I am liking the book and will hopefully finish it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment