Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making"

I came across this book in a blog on LibraryThing. Someone was looking for recommendations for a reading group and this was mentioned. The little I read about it on Amazon has really piqued my interest. It is a recently published book and what I thought was a short book turns out to be 200+ pages. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente is a book I will be hopefully picking up from the library on my next visit.

1 comment:

  1. Still reading this book. It's not a difficult read. Although there are some typos and missed edits it is a very entertaining book. The protagonist September is extremely likeable and the way Valente creates this fairyland is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete