Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Gone With the Wind"

My mom was recently going through old boxes of papers to burn and found her old copy of Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It is a 1961 paperback 4th printing of the original Macmillan 1936 printing. I was very excited when I came home from work and saw this book sitting on the table. I have been wanting to get a used copy so it would be waiting on a shelf for me. This copy has a movie cover. The cover advertises to "see David O. Selznick's stirring production of this immortal story of the Old South in Technicolor...starring Clark Gable & Vivian Leigh." I've actually never sat through the entire movie; only seen parts. Of course I've seen the end. But I am very excited to know that my mom owns this book. Now to slyly place it on my shelf without her realizing my intentions of keeping the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment